"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Our other "baby"

People say that dogs can sense when their female owners are pregnant, and I most definitely agree. Marley has always been affectionate towards me, but the last few months have been a bit ridiculous. She tries to climb in my lap now, even when the rest of the couch is completely empty. Logan thinks I'm spoiling her because I don't push her away, but I don't care. She's my baby!

Ever since I was put on bed rest, Logan and I have been sleeping downstairs - after being in the living room for a month, we transferred to the guest room. Logan doesn't want me going upstairs (he lets me go up once a day), so it doesn't look like we'll sleep in our own bed until Landon makes his arrival. Anyway, now that we're downstairs, we haven't been putting Marley in her kennel overnight anymore. She would start out sleeping in her dog bed, but at some point in the night, she would jump up and sleep next to me (or on top of me, crazy dog). Logan started shoving her off (meanie), and for the past 4 days, Marley has slept in her own bed the entire night. Sometimes she comes up to me in the middle of the night to check on me, or she follows me when I get up to use the bathroom, but she goes right back to her bed. What a good dog. :) It's pretty pathetic that we have to "wean" our dog...it's just like a kid. Poor thing won't know what to do when we bring Landon home!

Nothing too exciting is happening around here, if you couldn't tell from my ramblings about our dog. Well, we did catch another rat in our attic last night, but I don't really want to think about that right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...