"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Update on Peanut and Bamm Bamm

So, for those of you wondering about how our foster children have been since they left us, here's a little update.

Bamm Bamm's mom and grandma both send me pictures of the little cutie fairly often. He turned 1 last month and is certainly getting bigger. Last time I heard, he was trying to get the hang of walking. I'm really glad Bamm Bamm's family still keeps us in the loop. The last time we visited was when Peanut was with us, but since then life has been a bit hectic. But at least we know Bamm Bamm is doing well and is surrounded by people who love him.

Our home development worker called me a few days before Christmas to see how I was doing, so of course I asked about Peanut. She said that his behavior hadn't really changed, but that he was doing okay - just causing trouble at daycare. It makes me sad to think that his behavior still hasn't improved, and I'm starting to wonder if it'll always be that way. Peanut is certainly proof that the first 3 years of a kid's life are so, so important. I wish we could have taken care of him earlier...

As much as Peanut drove us CRAZY, we still think about him. And definitely pray for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...