"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Week 18 - Boy or girl?

Did you know that you can sometimes find out the gender of a baby at 12 weeks? Yes, you can. We did actually...but we decided to wait to "officially" announce it (even though they confirmed it again at 14 weeks) because finding out that early sometimes mean they guessed wrong. Well, our people are awesome and guessed right - 3 times! So now we can officially say we have another son, Landon Gerard. :)

Unfortunately, I can't post ultrasound pictures because our scanner doesn't work ever since Logan upgraded his computer. Boo.

Landon is doing great and my cervix looks good, and I actually don't have to take those terrible progesterone shots every week anymore. So I am one happy momma! Dr. C said the MTHFR gene mutation I have (that they discovered with blood work after I lost Levi) makes me more prone to blood clots, which wasn't a big deal earlier on in the pregnancy. But now that I'm further along, my blood is thicker, and extra progesterone certainly doesn't help that. If I start having contractions by some chance, Dr. C will probably put me on oral progesterone or something. She just doesn't want me to take extra medication unless I really need it. Fiiiiine with me.

I would like to say that we decided Landon should be named after St. Gerard (patron of expectant mothers), who has been one of the saints we've asked for intercession throughout this pregnancy. I'd say he's done a pretty good job of praying for us, so he's getting some major credit with the middle name. Thanks, St. Gerard! :)

I see Dr. H in 2 weeks and Dr. C in 4 weeks - which is also the dreaded 22-week mark. But like I told Logan, I'd rather be at the doctor on that date than anywhere else.
Psalm 127:3 - Certainly sons are a gift from the Lord, the fruit of the womb, a reward.


1 comment:

  1. LANDON! YAY! LOVEEEEE IT :) and him! and you and logan!

    and i love about you talking about your Cervix :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...