"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Week 20 - Halfway there!

After my fun shot-in-the-butt today, I saw Dr. H (and I totally limped half the way to the office. Stupid progesterone.). Everything still looks good, but he did tell me I'm the "constipation queen" and should start taking Miralax since he doesn't want me constipated or straining. I tried Miralax when I was on bedrest, but I didn't like it - so hopefully it'll be better this time. [Sorry if talking about constipation is too much information. But I figure I talk about my cervix like it's nothing, so whatever. ;) ]

I think I've been having Braxton-Hicks contractions lately, so I told Dr. H and asked if it was okay - every now and then my uterus tenses up. He told me that anything out of the ordinary needs to be reported to him, but that it is normal to have some contractions. And then he made a weird statement: "If you do you make it to the end, I"ll take out the stitches at 37 weeks." If I make it? So you think I could have this baby earlier? But of course I didn't think to question anything until I was already in my car on the way home. I know there is a chance Landon could be premature, despite the cerclage, but as of now I don't think there's anything to worry about. So, no worrying for Jen (or Logan).

I also mentioned how I don't feel Landon moving as much as I felt Levi. Dr. H asked where my placenta was, but Dr. C hasn't told me anything about my placenta since I was on bedrest. Depending on where it is, though, could be the reason I don't feel as much movement. Which totally makes me feel better.

After my appointments, I took Marley to the vet for her annual check-up, and it turns out she's fatter than she should be for her age. Of course I can't take her for walks anymore, so I'm sure that's part of it, but the vet told us to switch her to light food in addition to getting her to exercise more. I also thought it was funny that the vet told me to make sure I give Marley just as much attention when the baby comes, because she'll need it. I told you she was our other baby. ;)

"Do not look forward to the changes and chances of this life in fear; rather look to them with full hope that, as they arise, God, whose you are, will deliver you out of them." -Saint Francis de Sales

5 comments:

  1. You need a new vet!  Marley needs to take a back seat to little Landon.  He is the one with a soul after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen!  Pear juice has done wonders for our constipation problems!  Acai berry juice also helps a whole lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're right! i know vets just love animals so it doesn't surprise me that she said it....but i know my #1 baby is landon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. pear juice, really? i keep meaning to try prune juice so i might just try an assortment of juices next time we go the store. thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...