"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, February 20, 2012

At least the dog is happy

Today was a bit of a rough day. Landon wasn't moving this morning (from what I could tell), so I was pretty worried. He finally started moving this afternoon, thankfully, but man, was that nerve wracking considering he was moving a lot this weekend.

I've also been having quite a bit of Braxton-Hicks contractions...probably more than I should. I decided to err on the side of caution and call Dr. H (also because of the lack of movement) but of course his office is closed until Wednesday for the Mardi Gras holidays. So is Dr. C's office.

You can imagine my frustration. I haven't been cramping or bleeding or anything, which is good. So I guess I just have to wait until my appointment on Wednesday. The contractions have subsided for now, thankfully.

It's going to be a long 4 months. Today was just one of those emotional days that happens in pregnancy sometimes, and it was due to several factors. One, I'm frustrated because I can't do anything, and the possibility of being on some kind of bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy is slightly depressing. Two, I hate feeling all kinds of things without knowing what warrants a call to the doctor (if it's not contractions, it's pressure). Three, medical bills suck. Enough said. And lastly (for now, ha), I keep thinking how I'd really love to just have a normal pregnancy but that's not going to happen. And then I feel bad for even thinking that, because some women would just simply love to be pregnant. Period.

I am grateful, believe me, but I didn't want to give the allusion that I was sailing through this pregnancy like it's nothing. I think this post has made it quite clear that I can be a complete mess sometimes. :)

At least Marley is thoroughly enjoying me being home all the time now. All today she's been sleeping either right next to me or partially on top of me (like in the picture). Even when I'm just sitting -like paying those lovely medical bills- she somehow manages to curl up in my lap. All 25 pounds of her. It's a good thing she's cute.

1 comment:

  1. She is cute! Things will be okay. Just one day at a time!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...