"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Saturday, February 25, 2012

I can't wait until I can run again! And clean the house. And...

That's how I registered at Babies'r'us yesterday - my mom wheeled me around in a wheelchair. Gotta do what ya gotta do. :)

Staying off my feet as much as possible can be really difficult sometimes...not only for me but for Logan too (and anyone else I'm hanging out with, for that matter!). But Logan has really stepped it up as far as housework is concerned. Heck, he's even cooking now. Miracles do happen! ;)

Really, though, it's been really hard to just sit on my butt and not do anything when there's still things around the house to be done. I know it sounds really nice to be able to sit and watch movies and read books all day - and it is - but I'm used to being on my feet a lot, playing and coaching soccer, and cleaning the house...among other things. And to not be able to do any of it for so long kind of sucks. (Not being able to clean the house sucks?? Am I crazy??). I'm sure I'll continue to struggle with not being able to do whatever I want, whenever I want, but I guess it's good preparation for what living with a newborn will be like. At least that's what I'm trying to tell myself.

Thankfully, I have a very, very good reason for being forced into laziness. Can't wait to meet our little one!

2 comments:

  1. You're right!  Great preparation for when Landon makes his arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'll all be worth it when Landon arrives!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...