"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Natural childbirth

During my first pregnancy, I read all kinds of pregnancy- and baby-related books. This time, however, I've rarely read anything on those topics. I've read, believe me, but it's been other stuff. Not sure why this has been the case- I'm guessing I don't feel as clueless about parenting since we fostered Bamm Bamm and Peanut. But now that the reality is setting in that little Landon will be here within 4 months, I'm realizing that I need to read up on some topics! Thankfully I now have more reading time with taking time off work. :)

Currently, I have a little stack of books next to the couch that I've been meaning to read - on breastfeeding, childbirth, and vaccines. (Okay, so my "little stack" is really just 3 books!) But I'm thinking these 3 subjects are a good start. I started off reading the one on childbirth...husband-coached childbirth (AKA the Bradley Method) to be specific.

As much as I would LOVE a natural childbirth, I can't help but feel like I shouldn't get my hopes up. This pregnancy has been quite the roller coaster ride, and it's not over yet! Basically, I never know what to expect when I see the doctor, so I feel like I won't know what to expect when it's time for labor.

Despite all of that, I still plan on reading and preparing for a natural childbirth. But if for some reason that doesn't happen, I want to be okay with that. Because really, my #1 goal is to bring home a healthy little baby boy. That's the most important thing!

1 comment:

  1. We had amazing Bradley birth in our local hospital - what a gift to suffer to bring life, a simple and incompetent replication of Our Lord!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...