"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Week 22- Happy Valentine's Day to us

Before I share how my 2 doctor appointments went, I'd like to point out that today marks the time we lost Levi in our first pregnancy. Which wouldn't be as nerve-wracking if I hadn't been feeling more pressure down there the last few days. And then today I started feeling some cramping...but thankfully I was going to the doctor anyway. So I just left work a few minutes earlier than planned.

Dr. C did an ultrasound and said my cervix was opening again. Landon is fine, kicking away, but my cervix (STUPID CERVIX) dilated past the first stitch of my cerclage and stopped at the second stitch. Dr. C put me on Procardia to stop my cervix and said to come back next week. I asked if I had any restrictions, but all she said was to lie back more. That was a bit odd, since the whole cervix thing sounds bad.

Next was my appointment with Dr. H, so I just decided I would see what he thought. After examining me, he said he felt better, because the stitch is holding strong and my cervix is still hard and has some length to it -which are all good things. Dr. H left for a few minutes to call Dr. C and discuss whether or not I should go back to work.

Since I am at a critical point in the pregnancy with 23 weeks being viability of the baby, my doctors decided that I should stay home for a little while. So as of now, I'm not working - until they can reassess the situation. I do feel better knowing I'll be off my feet more, because even though I have a laid-back job, I'm still doing more walking than I would like. I'll go back to the doctor next week.
Dr. H did say he thinks we'll be okay. His goal is getting to 34 weeks (which would be in May, oh my!). So I guess it's a good thing my baby shower is being planned for the end of next month...

Lately, the first thing that has popped into my head when I wake up each morning is a prayer of thanksgiving for making it through another day. And that will continue to be the case, since each day means that Landon is bigger and stronger and more likely to make it if I were to deliver earlier than expected. But don't worry, I am optimistic and will be attached to the couch until further notice!
As always, prayers are appreciated. :)

Joshua 1:9- I command you: be strong and steadfast! Do not fear nor be dismayed, for the Lord, your God, is with you wherever you go.






2 comments:

  1. Hooray! A stay at home mommy a bit ahead of time. ;)  Just glad to hear you are off of your feet a while - that's what I was hoping the end of this post would say.  We will pray!  Hopefully we can make it to chapel and whisper a prayer before Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...