"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Week 23 - Oh, bed rest

My appointment with Dr. C was yesterday. The ultrasound showed that my cervix is still open, funneling down to the second stitch. Since we're relying on that last stitch, Dr. C said to stay in bed as much as possible and that she'd prefer if I didn't work.

Dr. H wasn't there yesterday so I talked to him today. I wasn't sure if Dr. C didn't want me to work just temporarily or for the rest of the pregnancy, so I asked Dr. H for his opinion. Considering what happened with our last pregnancy, he doesn't think we should take any chances by me working and being on my feet. His words: "Rent a bunch of movies, read books, and eat bon bons." Gotta love him.

I was hoping I'd make it further along in the school year, but that obviously isn't happening. I am disappointed, but I do feel better knowing I'll be off my feet. And like I said Monday...it's going to be a long 4 months. God likes to teach me patience. Maybe because I never actually learn...

Oh, and Landon is doing just great. All 1 lb and 6 oz of him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...