"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, March 23, 2012

My new hobby

I've finally started a [much needed] hobby - crochet! Logan, being the wonderful husband he is, stopped at the store to get me a crochet hook and yarn. Besides that, a YouTube video was all I needed!

The first couple of days were pretty frustrating, because I couldn't get the yarn to actually look like anything. But yesterday it finally "clicked", and I think it's safe to say I mastered the single crochet stitch. Yay! And as soon as I finish this small square cloth (what can I say? I'm a beginner :) ), I'm hoping to learn other stitches so I can make cute stuff that I'll actually use.

Crocheting definitely breaks up my day quite a bit, since I would go from reading to TV to writing, and back to reading again. So I'm very glad I decided to take people's advice and learn something new! It's definitely giving me an opportunity to learn both patience and humility too. ;)

A coworker came by to visit today, and she dropped off a gift for Landon - a blanket that she crocheted! It's beautiful, and I now have something to look at for motivation. Gotta love how things work out sometimes. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hooray!  Nothing like the Holy Spirit confirming your new hobby and talent!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...