"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, March 5, 2012

We have TWO sons

Before I got pregnant this second time around, I used to dread getting asked, "Do you have any kids?" Because the fact was, yes, I have one, but you can't just say you have a child and expect that to be the end of it...they want to know boy or girl, how old, etc. Adding that your son is in heaven doesn't exactly make for pleasant conversation, so I usually just answered the children question with a simple no (as much as that pained me!).

So, now I'm pregnant, and you would think I wouldn't have to deal with that anymore. Well. Now when people see that I'm pregnant, they ask, "Is this your first one?" To which I inwardly groan and wish that people didn't ask so many darn questions. Thankfully, I don't get out much anymore, so I'm probably spared from some awkwardness. But yesterday I went to get some blood work done (the typical 2nd trimester stuff), and the tech drawing my blood started asking all kinds of questions. Which I know is totally normal, because a pregnant belly is just "so cute" and people are curious and all that. I just don't like the questions about having other kids.

Maybe it won't be as hard when we have a living child. But actually, that probably won't be the case. Because we will always consider Levi as a part of our family, regardless of how many children we end up having, and not being able to openly share that with people who ask is just slightly depressing. I mean, I know I could share with others, and I have if it's someone I've gotten to know well...but it's still awkward.

On a much lighter note, Landon bouncing around in my belly is seriously the best thing about being pregnant. I can't help but smile every time I feel him move!

Back to the doctor tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I think acknowledging that you have two sweet boys is such a pro-life witness!  Levi will be such a blessing for your children that will grow-up and ask the most awkward questions of all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you're right, they probably will :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...