"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Week 25

I saw both doctors yesterday. Dr. C said my cervix is still open, but she didn't specify as to whether or not it was worse. And I didn't ask for clarification (silly me, I know). I told her how I've been having Braxton-Hicks contractions, and she said that I shouldn't be having any, so now I'm taking Procardia every 6 hours instead of every 8. Hopefully that will help, because those darn contractions aren't the most comfortable thing in the world. Of course that means I now have to wake up twice during the night to take the pills and not just once, but I guess I shouldn't complain in the big scheme of things. Just another way to prepare me for life with a newborn. ;)

The ultrasound showed that Landon is growing normally and is currently 1 lb 12 oz. :) In the words of Dr. C: "Your baby looks good, hun. Your baby looks good!" Dr. H said that getting to 2 lbs is a milestone! Yay.

I have to admit that I was a little nervous about how my last stitch was holding up, because I've been feeling it a lot more lately (weird, I know, but it is what it is). But Dr. H said it was intact. Apparently they can come loose, so it's definitely a good thing mine is still holding strong.

After telling him too about the contractions, he suggested taking Ibuprofen whenever I feel them increasing and also said that magnesium supplements could help. I'm hoping taking Procardia more often will do the trick, but it's nice to know I have a couple back-up plans!

My blood work was done on Monday, so we went over those results. My blood sugar is normal, but I am a little anemic - so now I get to add iron supplements to my daily list of pills to take.

Dr. H seemed pretty content that we've made it to 25 weeks, and he even showed me a picture of a baby he delivered at 25 weeks gestation. That baby is now 12 years old - he showed me a current picture too - and doing really well! I thought that was cool. 28 weeks is the next big milestone, but 34 weeks is still the goal. Less than 9 weeks to go! Pretty crazy. Dr. H did make sure to tell me that they've delivered babies between 28-30 weeks who did well. I'm hoping we don't deliver that early, but you just never know what will happen!

I also asked if I would somehow have a shorter labor because of my cervix issues - now how's that for wishful thinking? ;) And basically, you just never know. Dr. H has removed stitches and then the cervix dilated 5 cm right away, but there's also been cases where the cervix wouldn't dilate because of scar tissue. I'm trying to prepare myself for whatever might happen....

Jeremiah 17:7 - Blessed are those who trust in the LORD; the LORD will be their trust.

3 comments:

  1. Every time I read about your appointments I breathe a sigh of relief.  I bet magnesium would really help, esp. if you are possibly lacking it.  It is a great mineral that your body uses to relax, I know, you're a nurse. I have no place telling you this, but I always opt for anything natural that can aid my body in addition to modern medicine  :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...I'm definitely going to try magnesium before I start popping ibuprofen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nine weeks already?  WOW!!  :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...