"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Week 33

Dr. C wasn't there today, so I didn't have an ultrasound. Unfortunately that is the best way to see my cervix, so we don't know exactly how much of it is left. But Dr. H checked it manually and said the stitches were intact. That surprised me actually, because the last couple of days have gotten even worse as far as pressure goes, and I can feel my stitches when I stand up most of the time. Dr. H said it's because Landon is bigger, so we'll just go with that.

My contractions have definitely picked up, and sometimes the Procardia doesn't help. I'm also limited on how often I can take it since it lowers my blood pressure. Dr. H said I could take Ibuprofen as long as it was only occasionally (and not around the clock), but that makes me nervous. Oh well.

Dr. H thinks we're doing really good by having gotten to this point and said 34 weeks is a big milestone. I asked what would happen if my water broke (since that thought keeps coming to mind, yikes), and if it were to happen in the next few days, they'd stop labor. But it sounded like he wouldn't be too concerned if it happened after 34 weeks.

At the end of my appointment, Dr. H asked me how many more kids I planned on having. I always said I'd take as many as God would give us, but after all this, I'm not sure how that would work out. So I told him that, kind of forcing a laugh while saying it. He just smiled but didn't say anything, and I didn't ask why he wanted to know since I was close to crying just thinking about it (darn hormones). This pregnancy has been difficult enough, and that's without having any children to take care of at the same time! Subsequent pregnancies and how they would go has definitely crossed my mind, but I'm trying not to dwell on that right now. We just want to make it through this pregnancy first!

Today is Levi's due date - 2 years later, of course. And I honestly don't know if I would have realized that if Logan hadn't pointed it out to me over the weekend. It's just crazy (and a little depressing) to think how we could have a 2-year old right now. But at least we've been blessed with another little boy that should be with us soon!

2 comments:

  1. Tyler ThibodeauxMay 2, 2012 at 5:16 PM

    Yay! You are so cute!  lol b/c I'm on pregnancy #2 and look just as big as you but I'm only 30 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to affirm that nothing is impossible for God. 

    I forget often that being born 3 months premature testifies to that.

    Praying for y'all and baby Landon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...