"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, May 18, 2012

Crocheting success!

I ended up undoing that baby blanket I talked about because I realized the sides were totally uneven. I definitely counted wrong or added extra stitches or something. But that's totally okay, because I ended up doing a bunch of smaller things while I waited for some new yarn and crochet hooks (A friend said I should order online. Silly me never thought about that before! So now I can pick out my own yarn. Yay.).

It really bothered me that I never finished a baby blanket, so I started again with a different pattern when the new yarn arrived. And here it is! I love, love, love it. Logan says it's girly but oh wellll.
(It cracks me up to see Marley's head in the corner of the picture. Lazy dog.)
Here are a couple of the baby beanie hats I made. There are some other small things I did but I don't have pictures...
Definitely one of the good things to come out of this modified bedrest nonsense is that I learned to crochet. I'm pretty sure that I never would have taken the time to learn otherwise!

4 comments:

  1. you should make scarfs....those should be pretty easy now, and they make good homemade gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's definitely next on my list as soon as I get new yarn! All I have now are baby colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tyler ThibodeauxMay 19, 2012 at 7:05 PM

    Yay!  I'm a little envious!  Not on bed rest + running 16 month old = hardly any time to learn something so cool!!  Glad to see you have found a "purpose" of sorts for bed rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tyler ThibodeauxMay 19, 2012 at 7:06 PM

    clever sister :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...