"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Just 6 more days. Please?

Dr. H called me not long after I posted yesterday's update (so go read it if you haven't yet!). He wanted to see how I was doing, as well as tell me something I was not expecting....he's going out of town!

So yeah, in addition to dealing with this stupid cerclage pain and having to lie down all the time, I'm now also worried that something will happen before he comes back on Monday. Because seriously, if another doctor has to deliver this baby after all of this, I would be pretty upset. And the only way another doctor would have to is if my doctor is out of town.

If you haven't noticed, I've been rather emotional lately. Let's hope I don't completely lose it in the next 6 days. Ha.

Since Dr. H is wonderful (seriously, he has a good reason for leaving), he made sure to tell me which doctor is on call on which days, and he said he's going to tell them all about me in case something happens. He also told me all of the things that warrant a trip to the hospital.

It's a good thing I didn't get my cerclage out yesterday, eh? When we talked, he even said I could go in yesterday afternoon to get it out if I wanted (since the pain has not gotten better). But I certainly wasn't going to go for that with him leaving. Dr. H has told me a couple of times that once he takes the cerclage out, either I'll go another couple of weeks, or I'll go into labor within 24 hours. So yeah, not taking that risk.

Honestly, I'm rather worried that I'm not going to make it until Tuesday. At first it wasn't a big deal, but now with Dr. H gone, I'm a little on edge. It's hard not to be when every time I get up to use the bathroom I feel pressure and pain, and sometimes my contractions start to be regular. But thankfully, they haven't been regular long enough to go to the hospital yet.

6 days. 6 days. 6 days. 6 days.

St. Gerard, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...