"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day - from a different perspective once again

My history with Mother's Day has been rather different than most people's. Although yesterday was my 3rd Mother's Day, I still haven't actually celebrated with my own child in my arms.

In 2010, I was missing our precious Levi (heck, I still am!).

In 2011, we had Bamm Bamm and his cute little self. So I was a mommy and a foster mommy!

Now in 2012, we're eagerly awaiting the arrival of Landon. I have to say, this has been the easiest Mother's Day thus far. :)

At least when it comes to being a mommy and all of that. I actually had a rather rough day (in the evening, specifically) when it came to contractions and everything. There was one hour where I seemed to have one Braxton-Hicks after another (I'm thinking I had at least 10), and a couple of them were borderline painful. Logan got into panic mode and proceeded to clean the whole house (in case we ended up going to the hospital) while I took a shower. Looking back, it was rather funny. ;) But thankfully, the contractions slowed down. I didn't sleep too well, though.

Today I decided to keep track of just how many contractions I have, since I know I have a lot on some days but have never counted. I figure it wouldn't hurt to be able tell Dr. H tomorrow how ridiculous they can be sometimes. Plus I'm pretty curious as to how often they really do happen!

In honor of Mother's Day and all, I also wanted to say how I'm still VERY aware of how the holiday is not very easy for many women. Some are dealing with the loss of their children, and some are dealing with the fact that they haven't been able to have children. And of course there are the men and women whose mothers are no longer with us. I am very grateful that God has allowed me to see a different perspective, even though I no longer consider myself one of those people who struggle with Mother's Day. But I definitely remember all too well how painful it can be.

Blessed Mother of God, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...