"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, May 4, 2012

My best friend

I don't think a lot of people realize just how difficult bed rest can be on other people - yes, I'm obviously affected, but Logan is equally affected...just in a different way.

For the past several months now, Logan has been doing all of the cleaning, cooking, and grocery shopping for us. And for someone who never cooked before (with the exception of fabulous pancakes on Saturday mornings) and who never really had to shop by himself before, that's a heck of a lot to take on. Especially when you're cooking for a pregnant woman and shopping for a gal who is all about getting good deals (yes, I most definitely send him to the store with a detailed list and coupons).

Of course, Logan is also working his full-time day job with occasional weddings to film on the weekends. The man is my hero. And this is just a small way to show how much I appreciate him. :)

I've been wanting to acknowledge just how much Logan has been doing lately, and then when he came home from the grocery store yesterday completely LIVID, I was reminded yet again that I'm not the only one who is struggling with this bed rest thing. I was also reminded that one of the good things for me is that I haven't been to Wal-Mart in over 5 months - oh, how life is so much better that way. ;)

Seriously, though...I know a lot of people ask me how I'm doing and if I need anything, and that's greatly appreciated. Just don't forget about my wonderful husband!



Logan and his godson (our nephew) Dominic. Yep, he's going to be a great daddy. :)

2 comments:

  1. Tyler ThibodeauxMay 5, 2012 at 10:38 PM

    Praise the Lord for good men!  St. Joseph, pray for Logan.  Also, we don't shop at WalMart for a million good reasons...and I am WAY less stressed for it.  Totally worth the few extra pennies.  Super One Foods is a great competitor and so is Target (if you shop sales and clearance).  Check our your local groceries deals online - you might be surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have a Super One (never heard of it actually). Target is my absolute favorite, though, and I told Logan I'd rather drive the extra miles just to do all our shopping there!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...