"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Week 35 - yes, I'm still pregnant :)

It's pretty funny how many people are surprised that I haven't delivered yet. Dr. H walked in the exam room today and said "You're still pregnant? Are you trying to break a record or something?"

But of course he's thrilled that we made it this far. Despite that, though, he still wants me to take it easy for the next 2 weeks until he takes the cerclage out. He figures since we made it to this point, might as well keep on truckin'!

Dr. H doesn't think Landon is breech. Yay! He just thinks he's lying at an angle - so his head isn't in my pelvis. And that totally makes sense, based on what I've been feeling. I'm thinking that it's probably a good thing Landon's head (or any other body part, for that matter) isn't putting any pressure on my cervix. I've been wondering why I haven't felt much pressure lately, so now I know!

If Landon's head doesn't move by some chance, then I'll need a c-section. But Dr. H said there's still time!

The biggest issue at this point is the contractions. Yesterday I counted over 50, and that's not including the 2 hours I was at church. Pretty crazy! Dr. H said once again that I can take ibuprofen (which I haven't tried yet), but that still makes me nervous. So he said to try taking 2 Procardia pills every now and then to see if that helps. But that also makes me nervous because it drops my blood pressure. So I think I'll wait until I'm not home alone to try that one. He also gave me a prescription for progesterone in case I wanted to see if that helped with the contractions. Ah. Enough with the pills already!

I already have my appointment scheduled to have the cerclage taken out in 2 weeks. Woo hoo! I am going back next week too, though.

14 days left, baby. So excited!

1 comment:

  1. Tyler ThibodeauxMay 16, 2012 at 9:50 AM

    Wow!  What a beautiful journey God is leading you on!  Come on 37 weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...