"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Week 36 - Decisions, decisions

My appointment was originally for today, but I ended up going in yesterday because my cerclage started hurting over the weekend. I've certainly felt it before, but it was just uncomfortable and would go away after awhile. This time it was actually painful and didn't get better.

Everything checked out okay, though. Dr. H said he really wanted to keep the cerclage in for another week, and told me to take Tylenol #3 as needed for pain, as well as progesterone 3 times a day (which I never did get filled from last week because I'm tired of pills, but he insisted this week so I complied). Since he knew I was in pain, Dr. H gave me the option of going back today to get the cerclage taken out a week early.

I didn't really see that one coming, and to be honest, it freaked me out and also made me sigh of relief at the same time. Because while I certainly don't like the idea of hurting for another week, I also don't want to take out the cerclage just yet. I mean, I want to, but I know that's not the best option right now. Baby boys are apparently "wimpy", so keeping Landon in for as long as possible is ideal.

After much thought and prayers (and tears, not going to lie), I decided to tough it out for another week. Prayers are definitely appreciated. Logan has pretty much banned me from leaving the house this week, and I'm trying to lie down most of the day. It stinks, though, because even when I lie down, my cerclage hurts every time I turn from side to side. I tried Tylenol yesterday but it didn't help.

The good news is that Landon's head is down now - which could be contributing to the pain. And he's still moving a lot and his heartbeat is going strong. That's the important thing right now.

I'm trying not to get too frustrated, because every time we reach yet another milestone or get close to one, something else comes up. But I know that it will all be worth it in the end!

"It takes no less than the dying to self so that something new can be born." -Msgr. Bob Guste

2 comments:

  1. I'm crossing my fingers and anxiously awaiting the big news.  Love you lots.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyler ThibodeauxMay 23, 2012 at 10:32 AM

    WoW!  I'm so impressed and thankful to God that you have made it this far - when I started following you early on I was just praying you would make it to 30 weeks!  I'm praying for you and Landon and Logan for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...