"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, May 11, 2012

Worry. Such a terrible thing.

As much as I'm trying to be optimistic about Landon's entrance into this world going smoothly, I seriously can't help but worry about something going wrong. I think it's because of our experience with losing Levi. We don't know what it's like to bring home a healthy baby, and it's still pretty unreal to us that we're this close.

I wish I could stop thinking abut those bad memories from 2 1/2 years ago, but considering it's my only experience delivering a baby, I don't think that's going to happen. Sigh.

The fact that Landon is breech just adds to my anxiety about everything. We finally make it to 34 weeks, and now I have to worry about him turning in time. Awesome.

Just to be clear, I'm not in a constant state of worry. But I certainly have my moments - especially when the Braxton-Hicks contractions get rather intense and I start feeling things that could be real contractions. I haven't even changed my activity level either, because I want to make it to my appointment on Tuesday. Hopefully Dr. H will make me feel better about everything.

18 days until the cerclage comes out...but who's counting? ;)

Matthew 6:34 - Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself. Sufficient for a day is its own evil.

1 comment:

  1. Tyler ThibodeauxMay 12, 2012 at 2:05 PM

    Thank you Lord for Your words from Matthew's gospel - I HAVE to live by those!  :)
    Keep trucking!  Each day is a healthier, chubbier sweet little man to hold!
    P.S. I did unmedicated labor and delivery - you got this girl!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...