"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Life after bed rest

This past weekend, I started feeling like my old self again! Like, the Jen from October 2011...remember her? Ha.

Seriously, Logan and I had a pretty productive weekend. We both get in these cleaning moods and there's just no stopping us. Of course, I haven't been able to do too much for several months, so it was nice to finally get to clean again (Dude, you have no idea how much I enjoy doing the dishes now. Weird.). It was like I woke up Friday feeling great, so I started do more things around the house. We even went for our first family walk! And the best part is that we FINALLY moved back upstairs. It feels like I'm returning to my old life of walking up and down the stairs a million times, and sleeping in my own bed, and showering in our bathroom, and...yeah. I know I sound crazy but it seriously was so strange to finally use my bathroom again.

Anyway. Did I mention I love life after bed rest? It makes you appreciate the little things in life. Like the ability to walk up the stairs whenever you want.

There's still some chores I'm not doing yet - vacuuming and mopping, eh - because I actually do realize I had a baby 3 weeks ago and should still be taking it easy. Having to take it easy during my entire pregnancy has actually helped me "tone it down a bit", I guess you could say, when it comes to being productive. I'm one of those people who has to feel productive every day, and that obviously doesn't always happen with a newborn. But because I've gotten used to getting nothing done (is that bad?), it doesn't bother me like it would have before. I guess you could also say cuddling a cute baby boy is a good reason not to get any chores done. :)

Speaking of that cute baby boy, he is doing just great. We've had a lot of people comment on how alert he is sometimes, and he's been doing this cute thing lately where he leans back just to look at whoever is holding him. Sigh. I could look into those brown eyes all day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...