"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, June 7, 2012

SO worth it

There is just so much I could write about, so don't be surprised if I'm still blabbering on about this whole experience several months from now. Fair warning ;)

Logan and I still can't believe we have a healthy, adorable baby boy. It'll probably sink in more once we get home, because for some reason time seems to stand still in the hospital. Landon isn't even 48 hours old yet! Which is weird to think about because it feels like we've been in the hospital forever.

Logan and I always knew that everything we've experienced in the last 2 1/2 years (since we lost Levi) would be so worth it someday. And honestly, I don't think we could ever explain just how worth it everything was. We are so in love with our baby boy already and have a hard time believing he's ours!

I'll write about the c-section experience eventually, but right now I just want to say that I had to wait at least an hour and a half to hold Landon after he was born (the cerclage removal extended the process unfortunately). It wasn't exactly easy, but I found myself so incredibly grateful that Landon was alive and healthy (and crying!) that it was hard to be upset about being stuck in the operating room. It's not what I would have planned for myself, but God has a funny way of drastically changing life plans...and helping us to accept those different plans as they come.

That being said....the cerclage, bed rest, frustration, c-section recovery, you name it...every last bit of it was (and is, because umm, I've never been this sore in my life) SO worth it.

And now for some pictures! Thank goodness for iPhones and the Blogger app. :)

1 comment:

  1. Brittany StairesJune 7, 2012 at 6:13 PM

    Love love love! So much cuteness! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...