"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Saturday, September 1, 2012

It's been awhile

Why hello there. I know it's been awhile since I've posted, and honestly, I was considering shutting down this blog altogether (still under consideration actually), because lately Logan and I feel like people are scrutinizing every. little. thing. said on here. I wish that was an exaggeration.

Of course there was also Hurricane Isaac that threw a wrench into things. And for those wondering, our house is totally fine and we are safe. God is good!

I do realize that posting details about our life for everyone to see will bring both wanted and unwanted feedback, but I never thought it would be such a source of stress. Seriously. I avoided posting for so long because I am SO TIRED of people making assumptions and questioning the decisions we have made. [For those of you who are so confused right now, let me just say that most of our feedback is not given via posted comments on here.]

I had originally started a list of things to clarify, but for some reason I feel like it may do harm than good. So I deleted it.

And that is exactly why I don't even know if I should continue writing on here - I feel like the tiniest thing will be misconstrued. Sigh.

Many of you read this to keep updated with our family, and I love that, especially since many of you live far away and don't get to see Landon much (some of you haven't met him yet and I hope we can change that soon!). So I'm sorry to all of you if we choose not to post anything anymore.

Maybe we'll feel differently in a few days, and maybe not. We shall see.

4 comments:

  1. Jen, what may be a simple solution to the criticism is to make it a private blog that way only certain people have access to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen - I'm sad that people are being so critical of your family lately.  As a user of BlogSpot, I think there is a way for you to create settings that allow only certain people (subscribers, or "followers") to read your posts.  Maybe you can adjust those settings so that the people who you do want to follow your story, can, and those who are critical, cannot.  I'd be terribly saddened to lose this mechanism for keeping in touch with one another.  :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally think that u should just reiterate that this blog is solely yours and Logans and what y'all choose to post is your business. If anyone has anything to say about it, then just tell them to mind their own business and start their own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry for the criticism as well! I hope you continue writing! I love reading about what's going on, and I hope to meet Landon soon! Also there are settings like Lauren said that are password protected, so that people have to have a password to read posts! Just a thought. Miss and love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...