"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Jesus is coming

I think it's safe to say that we are all hugging our babies a little tighter after last week. I, for one, most certainly rocked Landon for an hour and 20 minutes yesterday while he napped. I had 2 baskets of laundry to fold and a sink full of dishes, but those cuddle moments won't last forever. (Dishes and laundry, on the other hand, are never-ending!!).

What happened in Newtown is tragic, and I cannot imagine what those families are going through. It's disheartening to everyone, especially those who have children. I know I wonder all the time about the world that Landon will grow up in. So scary to think about!

What I do know, though, is that God brings good out of evil. Never have I seen so many news reports and Facebook statuses about prayer. And I'm sure everyone will do less complaining and be much more thankful this holiday season.

My little man and his cute self keeps reminding me to pray for those who are deeply hurting right now. Praise God we're in the midst of Advent season which reminds us that Jesus is coming again.
Romans 12:21 - Do not be conquered by evil but conquer evil with good.



Landon sleeping on Noanie's lap this weekend. So precious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...