"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Our current situation

I'm still getting this question a lot, so I figured I'd write about it - although most of you who read this probably already know.

Am I still working? The answer is yes. And no. Sort of.

I used to work full-time - until I went out in February on moderate bed rest. And honestly, if we had the money, I probably wouldn't work at all. But since we are not at that point right now, I work once a week. Before I used to work in the same elementary school every day, and now I go wherever they need me, substituting for the nurses. I thought I wouldn't like switching schools, but it's actually pretty fun. Although every time I go to a middle school or high school, people think I'm a student. Sigh.

Logan works long hours, so he's always had one weekday off. Once I started working again this school year, his boss let him have Friday as that day off to make it easier. So, my supervisors know I'm available every Friday since Logan can stay home with Landon. It really is working well for us - Logan gets some quality time with Landon, and he gets an idea of what I deal with every day. And of course, only working once a week makes it much easier to leave Landon...especially since I'm leaving him with his daddy. It's also really nice not to have to get everything packed up and get Landon ready to bring him to a babysitter. Usually I leave for work and the boys are still in bed!

Even though finances are, well, different (ha) now that I don't work as much, I'm thankful for the time I get to spend with Landon - even when it means we have to make sacrifices in other areas. It is making us live within our means, as well as be very creative when it comes to saving money! (I think that will be a post for another day!)

So for now, that's our current situation. And as I'm learning, I know it's subject to change. ;)

And just as a little side note, Logan and I have been praying for 3 1/2 years (our entire marriage, basically) that he can find another job to better support our family. And well, we're still praying. It'd be great if you could pray too! :)

John 15:7 - If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask for whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...