"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Cloth Diapering: Part 1

If you had told me 4 years ago that I would now be an advocate of cloth diapering, I would have thought you were crazy. No lie. So if you've been thinking about cloth diapering, this post is for you!

I lived with my brother and his wife for an entire year before I married Logan. Not long after I moved in, their first son Max was born - and he wore cloth diapers. So, I was fully aware of how cloth diapering worked. I knew it saved money, I knew it was better for the environment, and I knew it was more work than using disposables. I also knew Max looked super cute in some FuzziBunz! ;) (It kind of blows my mind to think how he is now FOUR years old. My little buddy!)
Oh, I am so glad I found this picture! Max at 6 1/2 months, I think? :)

I was engaged most of the time I lived with Michael, Lindsey, and Max. And at that point, Logan and I knew we wanted to try to have kids right away (Max and his cuteness probably helped with that). So I was thinking about what I wanted to do whenever we did have kids - and as much as I wanted to want to cloth diaper (does that makes sense?), I did NOT. It didn't seem worth it to me. Extra use of water and electricity to wash diapers, plus the extra hassle? No way!

When I was finally pregnant with Landon, I knew we needed to save money, so I thought about registering for a couple of cloth diapers just to see how I would like them. I mean, they were so cute! They had to be simple enough, right? But I talked myself out of it - I figured if I was going to cloth diaper, might as well go all in. That was silly of me, I know, but it's the truth, and I just wasn't willing to commit.

I'm not sure at what point I started to seriously consider cloth diapering - maybe it started when we had to buy formula for Landon and I realized how much money we would be spending on both formula and diapers. I do know that saving money was the main reason I became interested. However, it still didn't thrill me to think about doing extra laundry or dealing with poopy diapers.

One day I saw one of Target's daily deals were cloth diapers. And the thing with a "daily deal" is that you have to decide THAT DAY if you want to make a purchase. After thinking hard and talking to Logan, I ordered some diapers...

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...