"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"Offer it up"

As life would have it, yesterday started off eerily similar to Monday - and for different reasons. Landon was a champ! But, there was craziness with switching Internet providers, and the dogs WOULD NOT STOP BARKING at the trucks parked in front of our house. Before it even hit 9 a.m., I was done. And I couldn't help but wonder why the heck God wanted to throw more frustrations on me for a second day in a row. I mean, I had learned my lesson already! Right?

Just after lunch time, I took Marley and Landon for a much-needed walk, and it dawned on me that I had absolutely not learned my lesson about offering up daily frustrations. I really, really do want to "offer it up" whenever the opportunity occurs. But seriously, it is not even close to being my first reaction. It is much easier to complain, get discouraged, and ask God why the heck things have to be so hard sometimes!

But one thing I've been trying to remember lately is that every little frustration, inconvenience, and pain can be used for a greater good (by offering it up for a special intention). Not only that, God is giving us the opportunity to unite our sufferings to Jesus's on the cross. Plus, there's always something God teaches us through our suffering. I am in no way comparing my silly inconveniences the past 2 days to something like losing a child, but it is important to realize there is no suffering (however small) that is useless. God, in His infinite wisdom, uses everything.

And I think I will post reminders of that throughout our house. :)

Romans 8:18 - I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...