"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, March 4, 2013

Goals update: Oh February, you disappeared

I know February is a short month, but seriously, where did it go?!

  • Monthly confession. {Done.}
  • Compliment each other daily. {I think I'm getting better at this? It's still hard for me, though.}
  • Monthly date night. {We went on 2 dates! Or was it 3? I forget. Praise God for free babysitters.:) }
  • Read to Landon daily. {Since Landon is exploring more and more, he doesn't really like to sit still to read a book. So I'm not exactly motivated on this at the moment - he just tries to climb out of my lap and pull all the books off the shelf. I still try to read to him, but it's not every day.}
  • Teach/use sign language with Landon. {Still doing this. I'm slightly disappointed he has yet to sign back!}
  • Make a toy box. {Ummmm maybe I should cross this one off the list since I don't see it happening anytime soon.}
  • Read Scripture daily. {I definitely did this every weekday, but there were days on the weekend I didn't. I need to figure out a definitive time to do it on weekends since our schedule is so different.}
  • Journal twice a week. {I actually kept up with this! Until this past week...I only journaled once.}
  • Walk 4 times a week. {There were a couple weeks I only walked 3 times. I would love to blame the cold, windy, and rainy weather, buuuuut I could have done 4 times a week if I REALLY wanted to.}
  • Exercise twice a week. {I slacked off a little with this - a couple weeks I only ran once. But I just started playing soccer again yesterday in a co-ed league (YAY - and ohmygosh my legs hurt) so I should get back on track this month.}
  • Learn to knit scarves (sashay yarn). {After getting SO ANNOYED trying to crochet a sashay scarf, I finally gave up and learned to knit. I really should have done that in the first place, because it was SOOO much easier. See picture below. :)}
  • Make a monthly meal plan master grocery list. {I didn't really work on this, other than trying new freezer-friendly recipes.}
  • Read 2 books per month. {Done! I'm tempted to up this to 3 books but there are some days I go without reading at all.}




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...