"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Saturday, April 27, 2013

7 Quick Takes (vol.2)

Um, yes. Linking up again! Even though it is not Friday anymore. Oh welllll.


1. Since it's almost May, it would be pretty darn silly to post about how I did on my goals in April. So I won't do that. But I will say that I probably won't be doing goal updates anymore because (a) I don't think anyone cares, (b) I stink at remembering to post about it, and (c) I've made some changes anyway! But I will also say I did pretty well in March. April, however? Not so much.

2. I have decided to scrapbook again. We have a shelf full of yearbooks and scrapbooks, and considering how entertaining it is to look through the scrapbooks I made in high school and college (oh I am so glad I married my high school sweetheart!), I would love to have some of our little family. So, I bought an album and paper on sale (I still have all the other supplies from forever ago! Yay!) and it's been sitting on our couch for a couple weeks now. Shame. But I WILL make a scrapbook of Landon's first year. I will I will I will.

3. My mouth. The root canal was not as bad as I was expecting, buuuuuut as life would have it, one of the pesky roots in my tooth was at a crazy angle, and my mouth is super small, and the dentist had a hard time getting to it, soooo there's a chance the bone might not heal. I have to go back in a year to get an x-ray, and if it's not healed, I will have to say bye-bye to my tooth. Booooo. But chances are that if it's not healed by then I will start having those lovely symptoms of pain and swollen chipmunk cheek. 

I'm choosing to be optimistic, since I know there are people going through much worse things. You should be proud of my melancholic self. :) (Please pray for my cousin and his family!)

4. On Friday, I went to work as usual. I've decided the worst part about it is leaving the house while hubby, baby, and dog are all snoozing away. The best part, however, is coming home to my babies and having them be super cuddly. Love, love, love it. I'm not complaining about working (just so you know!), because I know I am so blessed to be able to spend most days at home. 

5. One thing I'm working on is praying more during the day, since it should be #1 and I cannot say I have put it at the top of my list every day. Whenever I do take the time to pray (and listen!) during Landon's nap, he sleeps for over an hour. I don't think that's a coincidence. :) Crazy thing is, I know how important prayer is and that it truly affects everything else in life....yet, I still struggle with making it a priority. Ahh! I know I'm not alone in this one.

6. Logan and I have been talking/praying about fostering again, since our home development worker will probably be calling us this summer. If you could say a prayer for us that we discern God's will, that would be great. Because honestly, we want to do it and then we don't. I would go into all of the reasons but that would take forever... 

7. I have several friends wanting to have babies and not having the easiest time with it, and so if you could say a prayer for all of them that would be great too (last prayer request today, I promise!). Trying to conceive is such a stressful and emotional thing, and Logan and I are so thankful that we now have our baby boy. And since it's National Infertility Awareness Week, I just wanted to mention that and assure those friends of ours that they are in our prayers daily! 

St. Gianna Molla, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...