"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Saturday, May 18, 2013

7 Quick Takes (vol.3)

Linking up with Jen who I wish I knew in real life (not myself, of course...another Jen). 



1. Wellll I don't think I ever mentioned more about Logan's new job, soooo yeah. He is now a valet driver, which isn't his dream job obviously, but he is working for a company that gives you the opportunity to move up. So hopefully he will one day have a job related to his degree. He is so talented when it comes to filming and editing that people who didn't hire him over the last 4 years are CRAZY. But I know I am a biased wife. :)

2. With the exception of the first month of our marriage when I worked nights (*cringe*), Logan and I have always worked Monday through Friday, between the hours of 7am and 5pm. (Well, Logan used to film weddings a lot on the weekends but I'm not going to count that.) With his new job, though, his shifts are random and he works weekends. I knew it would be different, but man...I didn't expect the adjustment period to be this rough. I don't know what else to say about that without seeming totally unappreciative. Because really, I appreciate Logan's willingness to step out of his comfort zone (i.e. quit his job after 10 long years) and try something new. Love you babe!

3. Some friends and I went to a park on Friday with all of our kids and turns out they had some sort of mommy group meeting there. We didn't know that, so it kind of threw us off guard when all of these random women were introducing themselves. And then it got me thinking that I am SO grateful for my mommy friends and how we get together regularly (or try at least, ha ;))...because apparently some women have to go to certain places to make friends. Honestly, I think it's super important to have friends at the same place as you in life (married, with kids, etc.) because sometimes life is hard and it helps to have friends who totally understand! (But I totally have friends who are not married and/or do not have kids and I love them too. :))

4. Speaking of my wonderful friends, we started a book study and are currently reading Kimberly Hahn's Chosen & Cherished. Great book - I first read it when I was engaged. I'm supposed to have 2 chapters read before our next get-together tomorrow, so I should really get on that....but of course I am blogging. Now you see where my priorities are. Eh.

5. I've always wanted to write a book. Like seriously, when I was really little I wanted to write a fiction series like the Babysitters Club or Boxcar Children or something. And now I still want to write a book - but I'm not the biggest fan of fiction anymore so I'm not sure what I would write about. It's always in the back of my mind, though...

6. Maybe I should tell you some positives about Logan's job so you all don't worry about us. He has benefits (yay!), which is a big deal and something we haven't had since I worked in the hospital. We've been paying a whooooole lot of money for an individual policy with maternity and couldn't risk getting rid of the maternity part because of all of my wonderful pregnancy issues. But soon (July) we will be paying a lot less for health insurance! Yay!

7. I'm done teaching CCD for the school year, and I'm pretty sure I had my last day of work until August. And while I'm a little sad (key word = little), I'm relieved that I will have a little more time to do things this summer. But maybe not, since I'm starting to babysit a friend's kids occasionally. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...