"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, May 31, 2013

7 Quick Takes (vol.4)

Linking up with Conversion Diary

1. Since Logan was working this past weekend, Landon and I rode with my brother and his family to visit our parents for a few days. On Monday morning, my dad and I went to mass for Memorial Day. It was a special mass because afterwards, we all walked to the cemetery next door where the priest blessed all of the graves. It was a great reminder that Memorial Day is not just a "have a party and grill hamburgers" day - many families are mourning the lives lost in service to our country. After the blessing of the graves, there was a burial of babies born preterm (religious sisters from one of the local hospitals bring the babies in a tiny box, so you don't actually see them). That of course struck a chord with me because of Levi. It's hard not knowing where he is buried but I look forward to the day we see him again :)

2. Before Landon and I left for the weekend, Logan told him, "You better not walk when I'm not there!" To which I responded, "You know my dad is going to try and get him to walk!" And yes, Pops did. It was only a couple steps, but now Landon knows that walking is possible (he wouldn't even try before!). The most he's taken is 8 steps at a time. And I want it to stay that way. Ha!

3. Well, I think it's safe to say we're somewhat adjusted to Logan's schedule with his new job. Everyone always asks me if Logan likes it, so the answer is yes, he does! He helped a friend with his yard this weekend and was reminded how much he does NOT miss his old job. So that's good! I have to say, I don't think I will ever get used to the fact that we never know how much Logan will make in any given shift. Our income has never been consistent since we've been married, and it appears that it will continue to be that way for the foreseeable future. But that's okay! He has a job. We are alive and well.

4. I'm a cloth diapering addict. Okay, not really. But I was spending entirely too much time browsing this particular website and finally realized I was not going to stop until I ordered some! And I did. They are super cute, super affordable, and supports a great cause. Go check out Assunta Store! I'm still prepping my diapers so I can't vouch for how well they work yet but the reviews are great. Even if you don't cloth diaper, their wet bag is perfect for wet swimsuits (and I'm totally excited about it having 2 pockets - one for wet and one for dry!)  If you want to order something you should totally tell me so I can email you a referral link and get reward points :)

5. A couple of friends and I recently discovered FlyLady. If you find yourself completely overwhelmed with housework and everything, you should check it out. Seriously. It's amazing what a few good habits will do - keeping your sink shiny and clean, getting dressed to shoes first thing in the morning, and decluttering for 15 minutes a day. My friends and I are holding each other accountable via group text (before and after pictures are really motivating!), and it's totally changed our households in just a short time. Start with the BabySteps though - otherwise you'll get burned out!

6. Logan's birthday was this past week, Landon's birthday is this coming week, and the week after is our wedding anniversary! Three Wednesdays in a row. It's a special time of year for sure!

7. I love praying novenas, but let's be honest...I kind of suck at it. I never remember to finish all 9 days. And I tend to forget when they start (Divine Mercy is my all-time favorite but I forgot all about it this year. Fail.) BUT there is a solution! You can sign up at PrayMoreNovenas by submitting just your name and email, and they will let you know when the next novena is coming up! Then they email you the day before it starts, and also each of the 9 days of the actual novena. The emails include the prayers, which is super convenient. So if you check your email everyday, you won't forget to pray! Love it. Right now we're in the middle of the Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

I'm not being compensated by any of the websites mentioned - I just love them and think you might love them too!

2 comments:

  1. Can you explain more about FlyLady? I tried the website but was too overwhelemed to find anything clear and concise to understand the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you asked! I felt like I should explain more but didn't want to go on and on for people not interested. :)

    There's a "Getting Started" tab you can click on. Sign up for the emails but only do the lite version...trust me, I tried the other one at first and the number of emails was ridiculous. Now I only get one a day!

    The website is confusing, because my friends and I have been doing 15 min. of decluttering a day from the beginning and still aren't sure if we were supposed to (we just came across that as part of the babysteps). Just stick with doing the baby steps for the first month - they add one new thing a day so you can really establish some good habits. You just have to remember to check the website everyday.



    Feel free to text me if you have any more questions!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...