"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Good reads. And my ramblings.

I want to share two blog posts that I've read recently that I think you should read too! I may or not ramble on after each one.

  • A friend sent me this one about raising little boys. To which I say AMEN! My friend said this about it that I totally agree with:  "We need to remember we don't have to apologize for age appropriate behavior. This world does enough shunning of youth as it is!" Thanks Lauren, you're so right! :)
I want to be one of the mommies that keeps her cool amidst the craziness of daily life with kids (want to be = not there yet). And no, the blogger is not saying you shouldn't discipline your kids. The point is that we shouldn't freak out over the little things. Because really, I don't want Landon to be scared to do things because Mommy might yell at him. I LOVE his curious personality, and I might have missed out on it if I was too worried about what other people think or about him making a million messes. Landon won't be a kid forever, so I want to soak up every minute!
  • I loved this blog post about making decisions, probably because we're discerning whether or not to be foster parents again. It also makes me reallllly want to go to spiritual direction again!
I just reread that one and man, those 6 questions to ask yourself are so important. The one about fear especially hit a chord with me because of the whole fostering thing. Those of you who kept up with our blog during our fostering months know fully well why there's a lot of fear surrounding this decision. And most people would probably just tell us not to worry about fostering again because there are so many things to think about (and heck, we have our own baby now)....and sure, that would be easy to do. BUT if you notice the name of this blog, I'm all about truly discerning God's will, whether it be the "easy" way or not. You can think I'm crazy all you want! 

Thinking back on my life, I've made some hard decisions (and crazy decisions, where people had some not nice things to say about it), but those decisions were all made after serious prayer. I'm not perfect, though, so I've let my desires get in the way of God's promptings...which meant I chose the "easy" way instead of what I felt God calling me to, and I ended up being miserable. I don't want to do that again. 

I was going to share our thoughts/concerns about fostering again but I'm sure I've bored you by now. Maybe I'll go there another day!


St. Rita, pray for us!


2 comments:

  1. If you liked that blog, you'll love this one! http://gimundo.com/news/article/25-rules-for-mothers-of-boys/
    Glad to share and happy to read. Enjoy your holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, another good one! Love it. The dancing one was my favorite because I totally do that :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...