"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day...the best one yet!

Ever since we've been married, I was a mommy on Mother's Day but never had a baby to hold (a biological one, anyways)...and this year we have a sweet little boy for me to love on. (Good thing too, because Logan is working. Boooo.)

So I know Mother's Day is not the easiest for some people, for a variety of reasons. And while I absolutely think mothers deserve a day to be honored, I think it's important to remember those women who may be grieving (some mothers who have lost babies, some women who are wanting to be mothers).

I remember sitting in church 4 months after losing Levi, and all the mothers stood for a blessing...and it was so sad/awkward because I was a mommy but had no baby so do I stand or not? So I totally think it would be awesome if priests would also acknowledge the fact that some women are in pain on Mother's Day (maybe some priests do, but I haven't witnessed it).

All of that being said, though, I read yesterday about how we shouldn't make Mother's Day about ourselves...it should be about our mom. And I so wish I would have had that mindset 2 and 3 years ago. (I should also say that some people's moms are no longer with us, and I can't imagine how hard that is. But it's still a perfect day to remember and honor those wonderful women! As well as any women who serve as spiritual mothers, foster moms, the list goes on...)

To my wonderful mommy, I love you! I honestly don't know what I would do without you :)
(Sorry the first picture is so outdated, we need to take more pictures together!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...