"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Saturday, June 15, 2013

7 Quick Takes (vol.5)



 Logan and I celebrated 4 years of marriage on Wednesday. We first started dating over 9 years ago which seems pretty crazy....and I know you'd love photo documentation.
Okay, so this was actually a year after we started dating, but whatev. Thankfully we look better with age. Ha. 

If this week wouldn't have been so cray cray I might have done a little post documenting the last 4 years. But alas, there's always our 5th anniversary to be all fancy shmancy. 


I know Landon has always been very observant, but now I'm really realizing it. Yesterday he started wiping down his high chair and then later he started vacuuming (it wasn't turned on but oh he was pretending well). Let's hope he enjoys cleaning this much in a few years when he has to do it for real.




Nothing like a one year old's watchful eyes to keep you on your best behavior. 


Logan's birthday, our anniversary, and Father's Day are all within 2 1/2 weeks of each other. And I just think that is slightly unfair because I'm not very creative to begin with and now I have to think of 3 thoughtful gifts/gestures/etc. so close together. Logan gets 2 1/2 months between Mother's Day and my birthday! Not to mention Landon's birthday is thrown in there within those 2 1/2 weeks too.

We didn't plan that very well. 




Earlier in the week, Marley was missing for an hour and a half. I don't feel like going into details, but I will say it was one of the worst feelings ever. Seriously. Logan was at work, and I had to put Landon down for a nap, so I couldn't leave the house. Logan's dad came over as soon as he could and thankfully found the crazy dog. Even though she is "just a dog", the possibility of her being missing forever was a terrible thought and made me think of how hard of a time it was after losing Levi. I really, really don't want to have to relive something like that over again but I know it is certainly possible. So scary. God is in control, though. 


I guess this would be a good transition into the whole topic of having another baby (don't lie, I know you're curious). When Landon was just a few months old, I was totally ready for another one, as crazy as that sounds. Logan was not. It didn't really matter, though, because my uterus was on vacation (or so it seemed) and pregnancy didn't seem very possible. Now, however, it appears that my uterus is functioning again (a day before Landon's birthday!). And Logan is alllllll about trying for another baby. I'm open to that, sure, BUT if I'm honest I have to say that I am completely and utterly content right now. Landon is at a super fun age and it's actually kind of nice to be able to enjoy it without worrying about a stressful pregnancy. Plus, we stopped breastfeeding a week ago (it's a miracle! we made it to a year!) and I'm finally losing those last few pounds of baby weight. Sooooo yeah. I'm okay with not being pregnant.

All of that being said, though, Logan and I are not avoiding pregnancy by any means...I don't see us ever having to do that (but God likes to prove me wrong, so maybe one day....). My reproductive system has never been normal, so there's no telling how long it will take to conceive again. Hopefully not too long though :)



I don't think about it too much, otherwise I would go crazy, but the thought of being pregnant again doesn't exactly thrill me. I want as many children as God will give us...I just don't want to endure bed rest and whatever else every.single.time. Looking back, I think the worst part about bed rest was how much my spiritual life suffered. Because when you have to be physically lazy, it is REALLY easy to be lazy in every other area of your life.

But maybe my cervix is scarred shut by now and being pregnant won't be so dramatic after all. A girl can hope.


Tomorrow is Father's Day. I love my daddy!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...