"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, June 3, 2013

My attempt at creativity...and repurposing

I know this is not a creativity blog nor one about saving money but I like to throw some randomness in here every once and awhile :)

Landon loves puffs! And I love them too because I can just hand him a snack container with some puffs and he will be totally content for awhile (especially helpful in the car!)

We've gone through quite a few puff containers, and one day it dawned on me that they could possibly be repurposed as a bowling set. Friends had given us a bowling set back in our fostering days, but unfortunately Marley gets a little excited and wants to join the fun when kids play with them. 

Needless to say, I don't care if she destroys puff containers. :)

So once we had 10 containers, all I did was dress them up a little with washi tape and we had a new bowling set. (I should mention that I did wash each one first)

I'm not going to lie, they don't work as well as our original set, since they're not as curved and the bottoms are bigger (which makes them harder to knock down). But I figure kids won't really know the difference :) And heck, it's basically free! We buy puffs anyway (although now I think I'll start buying Cheerios instead), and I spent $1 on each roll of washi tape and barely used any of it! Yay. 

I'd much rather repurpose something I already I have instead of buying it new! Another example would be baby formula containers to store crayons and things...
Make me feel a little better about all the money we've spent on formula! ;)

2 comments:

  1. That's great!! I have some containers from the drink mixes I buy (think store-brand crystal light) and the only idea I had was to donate them to camp so they could be used in making marracas or rain sticks. Thanks for the new idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are good ideas too! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...