"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Oh, contentment.

May I surprise you with some words of contentment? ('Tis rare with a melancholic) ;)

It's reallllllly easy to notice when things just aren't going your way in life, so I try, try, try to notice when things ARE going my way. Ya feel me?

In the last couple of weeks, there were a few days where I was dealing with all of the following: Landon was sick and teething, I was sick, I had a bruised rib (from soccer) that was made worse both by coughing while I was sick and then continuing to play soccer (I'm stupid. I know.), Marley had fleas which consisted of lots of vacuuming, washing EVERYTHING multiple times, bathing her more than I ever have, and then it seemed like Logan's work schedule made everything feel so much worse (Landon's fussiest day EVER was unfortunately Father's Day, when I was sick and Logan was at work).

I do realize that people are going through much worse things right now, but don't you dare tell me that because it is not helpful (oh, that is something that has been on my mind a lot and I want to blog about it but just haven't found the right words yet). I'm fully aware of my blessings in life. FULLY.

ANYWAYS. Saturday was the first day Landon was back to his normal, happy self. And somehow I have managed to keep the house clean since then, bake a lot, and take more time than usual to just sit and read or whatever the heck I want to do. Blissful, I tell ya. Logan has even noticed that I have my act together more than I had in the past.

I also have to say that I have some pretty awesome family and friends who I love so much and I don't know what I would do without them! They have been so encouraging to me lately and I am so blessed.

You ever feel like you wish things would stay exactly like they are? That's how I feel right now. There are not too many times I've felt like that (sad, I know), and I don't know if it's because I'm just more content or because things just really are good right now. Or maybe it's both. :)



I really don't know the point of all this but I guess I just wanted you few faithful blog readers to know that our little family is doing pretty darn well right now. I'm fighting the thought that this is "the calm before the storm" because it always seems like something not so good happens after these periods of contentment (i.e. life was pretty close to perfect when I was pregnant with Levi and then...well...you know). But I'm just going to give that to God and trust that whatever happens (if something happens) that it is His will. He always knows what's best!

Philippians 4:6-7 - Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...