"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Saturday, July 13, 2013

7 Quick Takes (vol.6)



It's almost halfway through July. What the heck? I have this list of projects I wanted to finish this summer but have only crossed off 2 of the 10 so far. It's not looking good, people. Life is too busy! Ahhhh.
After a long break of not crocheting, I started back up again lately. It forces me to sit and take a break, so I'm trying to crochet on a regular basis. I have high hopes of crocheting a lot for gifts (specifically Christmas), buuuuut I have so many other projects I want to get to that I'm not sure if that will happen. Look at the washcloth I made! Part of my gift for a baby shower was baby wash stuff so I made a couple washcloths to go with it.
*Fertility update alert* (You've been warned.) I never thought I'd be content with just one child, but at this moment I totally am. Which is a good thing considering my uterus isn't working after all...it's been almost 6 weeks and I still haven't ovulated. I was charting but gave that up last week since I don't really care what happens right now and it tends to make me crazy. So yeah. I scheduled my annual gyn appt with Dr. H at the end of the month, so that'll be fun. Ha.
Ya know, the other day I was thinking about how I always seemed to be in this "waiting" stage. First I was waiting to finish nursing school...while discerning marriage/religious life. Then I was waiting to get married. Then I got married, got pregnant, and waited to find a new job. Then I found a job but lost Levi, and waited even longer to get pregnant again. We also waited to find the right house. When I finally got pregnant, we waited 9 looooong months for it to be over (just kidding. kind of.). We also waited entirely too long for Logan to find a new job. Those periods were so hard in the moment because you just want things RIGHT NOW but looking back it was all part of a pretty amazing plan and I'm thankful for every moment. And I'm happy to say that I don't think I'm waiting for anything right now. Whew.
Yeah, that little guy was worth waiting for.
I usually don't watch a lot of TV, but lately I've been slightly obsessed with Lark Rise to Candleford. You can stream it on Amazon Prime and I love it (we got rid of Netflix quite awhile ago because Prime is cheaper plus you get free shipping and all that! Subscribe & Save is wonderful too). It's one of those BBC shows which I love because the late 19th century and early 20th century were interesting times. Plus I don't feel bad having it on with Landon around because there isn't anything inappropriate in it. :) 
I'm being thinking a lot lately about judging and making assumptions. I'm not saying I don't judge or assume things (heck, I'm human), but I'm realizing that many, many times I jump to conclusions about people, there is a reasonable explanation. So every time I get frustrated with someone, I try to think about why they might be doing what they're doing...if that makes any sense. Basically, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. It helps me stay calm. :)
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

2 comments:

  1. 57 days into this cycle and no end in sight. Pretty sure we're in the same boat. After a year of charting, i may be nervous soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( we should talk! I have something you could talk to your doctor about...

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...