"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, July 29, 2013

The fun never ends

I had my annual wellness visit (I can't believe it's been a year!) with Dr. H today and was not expecting to have anything to blog about afterwards.

But apparently the purpose of this blog is to expect the unexpected. Sigh.

First though, I just wanted to say that I brought Landon with me and Dr. H really enjoyed seeing him. "Precocious" is what he called Landon...since our little monkey is so talkative and interactive. It's entertaining, for sure...and also exhausting. But I digress...

During my exam, things were rather tender (my uterus, that is...not my stupid cervix), and when we talked afterwards in his office, Dr. H said my uterus was larger than it should be. He wants me to get an ultrasound to make sure it's not fibroids. It could be nothing (hopefully), but he wants to know what we're dealing with - better safe than sorry, as he says. So I have an ultrasound scheduled in a couple weeks.

While we were talking about everything, Dr. H was looking back at my chart to see if he wrote anything about seeing fibroids during my c-section. He did not...but what he did note is that I have a heart-shaped uterus. He probably told me that a year ago, but I do not remember and probably didn't think it mattered anyway. (On a side note, I started telling Logan about my heart-shaped uterus and he said we were told that after Levi and after Landon. So apparently my brain doesn't work.)

Well. I just did a little search online and came across this article about having a heart-shaped uterus and fertility. And I'm thinking my uterus is to blame for everything we've gone through, because there's a higher risk for preterm delivery (Levi) and cervical incompetence (Landon). Ain't that something? There is also a risk for recurrent miscarriage, which is pretty depressing...but I won't let that stress me out. I'll try to remember to ask Dr. H about all that when I see him again.

On a more positive note, my brother and sister-in-law are expecting again! And they're having twins! :)

1 comment:

  1. Very very interesting...but hey, there's got to be some comedic relief in thinking about having a heart-shaped uterus! <3

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...