"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Ask...then listen :)

I briefly mentioned a couple weeks ago how I've been praying to know what God is asking of me right now....because there are quite a few things I could spend my precious 24 hours in a day doing. I know ya'll can relate. :)

You know, God really does answer our prayers (not always right away, but that's another topic for another day). I really started feeling a pull towards some things while feeling like I needed to back off other things. But the funny thing is that God could make it clear over and over and over what He wants me to do.....and it's all for nothing if I don't actually listen. Really. He could send an angel down who is all like HEY JEN YOU NEED TO THIS. But what if I just ignore that?

So yeah. God was actually telling me which endeavors I should pursue (I say "telling" but there was no voice, just to clarify. It's hard to explain how God speaks to me because it's different for everybody, but trust me, He was prompting me!). I tried avoiding those promptings until I couldn't take it anymore....and seriously, I'm just amazed at the things God is doing now that I'm actually listening.

Now I've changed my prayer to be open to God's promptings and to follow them. Because it's one thing to ask - and another thing to listen!


"If we make a quietness within ourselves, if we silence all desires and opinions and if with love, without formulating any words, we bind our whole soul to think 'Thy will be done,' the thing which after that we feel sure we should do…is the will of God." – Simone Weil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...