"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Friday, September 27, 2013

10 seconds is 10 seconds too long

Y'all. Today started off as one of those ohmygosh is it a full moon days. You know, where all this crazy stuff happens? Yeah.

Well, I guess it all started last night. Logan was working the late evening shift, and I had just given Landon a bath. He had a bit of a diaper rash (he's teething something fierce and it gives him diarrhea), so I decided to let him go au naturel until bedtime, to let his booty air out a little bit. After all, he had just peed in the tub. So we would be good, right? (I know. I'm stupid.) Plus, sometimes wrestling a diaper on him is just so not worth the effort. (Ok, to clarify, I haven't let him run around naked before. But I was just so not in the mood for a wrestling match.)

All was well for about an hour. And then suddenly, a stream was spotted. And by stream I mean pee. Which is nothing to freak out about since it was on hard floor and is easily cleaned up. BUT Landon decided to stick his hand in the stream. Being a bit of a germaphobe, I slightly freaked out and brought Landon to the sink to wash his hands before he touched anything.

Meanwhile, Marley (the dog) was licking up Landon's pee. Awesome. I grabbed a rag and cleaner to wipe up that mess, then immediately went the living room to grab a diaper before anything else could happen (and by "anything else" I mean poop). By the time I got back, I noticed something on Landon's bottom. Oh no.

Sure enough, it was poop. So I cleaned him up to realize that it was a very small amount...so chances are there was poop somewhere else. Oh crap. Literally. How did that happen so quickly? I mean, I left the room for 10 SECONDS.

Thankfully, I found the pile of poop...on hard floor again. Whew.

But then I noticed something next to the poop. Footprints. Of poop. [Insert scream here.]

I cleaned Landon up again and finally was able to wrestle a diaper on him. A diaper that would stay there. And of course I cleaned the floor.

So that was last night. This morning, Logan had to leave for work around 9am. But around 8:55, we discovered poop going down Landon's leg (Y'all, if this damn tooth doesn't cut through soon I will lose my mind). So I frantically went around cleaning and trying to see what all it had gotten on (honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the dog ate some. Sigh.). Logan made Landon stay put until I got a new diaper and some wipes to change him.

Logan (who was anxious to leave for work): "You want help changing him?"

To which I wanted to respond: "Of course not. Just go to work and leave me with this CRAZINESS." (Our house was a mess from him making pancakes, and I was in the middle of baking cookies for a playgroup in a hour. Most importantly, I had not finished my coffee.)

Being the wonderful hubby he is, Logan stayed to help me change Landon since 90% of the time it does require 2 adults. By that time it was 9:10, and Logan really needed to leave for work.

Of course his car decided not to start for the first time ever. Thankfully, though, it was just his battery, and he was able to get it started after hooking it up to my car. I think he finally left around 9:30 but then he stopped to buy a new battery, so that made him reallllly late. Oh, and I forgot about those cookies in the oven. Ahhh.

The funny thing about it is that yesterday was kinda sorta my last day at work - although I did tell them they could call me if they seriously NEEDED me on any given day. And ever since then, life has kind of gone slightly nuts at times and I'm all like, ummmm God, but I thought you wanted me to stop working?

At first I thought that maybe I had heard God all wrong. But then I realized (through the Holy Spirit, I'm sure) that this is a perfect example of what it's like to follow God. It's not always perfect. Sometimes it's crazy, sometimes you get pooped on, and sometimes it is literally crappy...but in the end, God does know best and He uses even the littlest things to teach us and help us grow in virtue.

And honestly, how boring would life be without a poop incident (or two) every once and awhile? ;)


"Either we are adrift in chaos or we are individuals, created, loved, upheld and placed purposefully, exactly where we are. Can you believe that?"  -Elisabeth Elliot
P.S. I'll be posting pictures tomorrow probably for Photo Friday since Logan has some good ones on his phone that I want to share!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...