"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, September 9, 2013

We love a good party {twin gender reveal}

Logan and I hosted a gender reveal party for my brother's family and the twins they're expecting in February! Lindsey (sister-in-law) told me not to make it a big thing buuuuut I couldn't help myself....we just love a good party. And I'm so excited about those twins! :)

 So what's your guess? Boys, girls, or both??
This was the dessert table, and I didn't get a picture of the other table with the main food (and pink tablecloth!). 
 Voting Central
 Cheesy, maybe. But people actually wore them! Most people guessed one boy and one girl.
 Gumballs would have been much cuter (since they're bigger and all) but I was not about to pay $5.99 per bag at Party City since I needed 2 bags! So we improvised at Dollar Tree with Mike&Ikes.

 The purpose of the party - boxes with balloons in them. But what color(s)??
I definitely got some funny looks pushing those babies around in Winn-Dixie (where I got the balloons filled). And yes, I knew the genders before everyone else! Totally nerve-wracking, by the way.
 ....opening the first box to see what Baby A is....
A girl!! Seriously, Lindsey's face is priceless. Love it.
 Baby B is a girl too! YAYYY! (Sorry your face is blurry Linds, this is the only picture I got of opening Baby B box!)
 I would love to take credit for this cuteness but this was all my friend Cortney. Everybody got 2 pink chocolate-covered pretzels wrapped together (2 pink = 2 girls!). I didn't put these out until after the boxes were opened.
 This little guy just doesn't know what's coming in a few months! He sure did like those pink balloons though ;)
2 boys and 2 girls! So glad to finally get some pink in our family ;)

Edited to add: Just wanted to mention that 10 balloons fit in each box, and I had the lady at Winn-Dixie secure 5 to a weight to put in each box...so they could take pictures afterwards with the balloons (see picture above). It worked perfectly because half of the balloons in each box flew out - which was fun - and the other half stuck around! You totally don't have to do that, of course, but I love how they got to take a family picture afterwards :)



4 comments:

  1. OH my gosh I had no idea they were expecting TWINS!!!! How awesome!! Please give them my congratulations and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you did a fabulous job decorating! :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...