"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

So many blessings

I just love those times in life when everything is just good. So very, very good. And I know I wouldn't be aware of how good things are if it weren't for the bad times....so yeah. I'm thankful for the bad times, but even more so for the good times ;)

We had a busy but super fun weekend - 2 weddings, 5 hours away from each other (distance-wise).
Logan stood in the first wedding so we had the rehearsal dinner Friday night. Landon tagged along...
Oh, this boy just loves a good party.
Since this wedding was 5 hours away, we stayed with my college roommate and her husband, who just so happened to live about 40 minutes away! We are so, so thankful for their hospitality...especially because they babysat Landon during the wedding. :)
Landon acted like he's been knowing Lauren and Alex forever. So sweet. He must have sensed that Lauren and I are like honorary sisters or something ;)
 Before the actual wedding!
This man looked good :)
On Sunday, we had to drive a lovely 5 hours back home to attend another wedding...one I wasn't going to miss because it was for one of the girls I grew up next-door to for about 15 years.
Thanks to Logan's parents who babysat Landon!

Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty darn blessed these days. The best family and friends, a super cute and affectionate toddler, and something I don't want to take for granted - our health! Plus this awesome fall weather is a bonus....as well as the fact that Landon has slept past 8am the last THREE mornings (that's a big deal! Seriously!) :)

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for." -Epicurus

2 comments:

  1. I'm so thrilled you were able to visit! Of course you had to post the very unattractive photo of me with Landon. ;-) I can't wait to make a post from our point of view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, if I thought it was a bad picture, I wouldn't have posted it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...