"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Saturday, November 2, 2013

7 Quick Takes (vol.10)


How have I gone so long without doing quick takes? I do not know. It's been a crazy couple of months and things have finally slowed down around here. So, so nice. But next weekend things get crazy again so you better believe I'm taking advantage of this down time.
I highly recommend buying and listening to this CD (or you can buy the MP3). It's an hour long lecture on Marriage, the Family, and Spiritual Warfare in Scripture. Every talk I hear by Dr. Brant Pitre has positively impacted my spiritual life, and this one is no exception. And it's such an important topic! Spiritual warfare is totally happening in family and married life - I've seen it and I've experienced it. But why don't we talk about it? Thankfully, Dr. Pitre does, and he makes it fun! Even if you're not Catholic, I recommend this CD!

I know this isn't a new concept, but lately I've been punching procrastination in the face. My first instinct is to "wait until later" to fold the laundry, make a phone call, etc. But then it just weighs over my head and I can't really relax until it's DONE. Plus everything just piles up. So yeah. I fight the urge to procrastinate, and it has resulted in a clean home and a happy woman. And a happy toddler because it means more time to spend outside!

Speaking of a happy toddler, would you believe that Landon took a FOUR HOUR NAP yesterday? Yes, it's true. Miracles do happen!! :)
I have been working on buying and eating more real food and less processed foods. And I'm realizing that it isn't as hard nor expensive as you would think! Target is my go-to store now, because they have more natural and organic food than Wal-Mart and the other stores by me (Please don't make me jealous by telling me about allllll the good and inexpensive stores you can choose from. The New Orleans area just doesn't have them!). Plus, Target has mobile and printable coupons, and I've managed to get some pretty good deals. The one I usually go to always has things on clearance too! Basically, I love Target. I do.
I think I started doing sign language with Landon when he was about 6 months old. It took a few months for him to catch on, and even then, he just didn't do that many. "Milk" was the main one. He always knew what I meant when I signed, but he didn't always do it back. I haven't kept up with it the last few months but recently decided to start incorporating more sign language again when I talk to Landon. And now he's starting to sign things he never signed before! Crazy stuff. He's pretty proud of himself so it's cute. :) I used this website if you're interested!
God has blessed me with some wonderful friends and I am so, so thankful.


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...