"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Jen rambles

I always feel like I should blog, but lately I haven't been doing it because my thoughts are just everywhere. Plus, I've been trying to journal more and write separately from the blog, so I guess that leaves no more room for writing here. I don't know.

Speaking of writing, I would appreciate it if you could say a prayer or two for me. I've always wanted to write a book some day, and I've kind of started because God has been prompting me lately. But I still don't know how exactly it's going to work and I still feel realllllllly inadequate. I feel silly even telling y'all I'm writing a book because hello? Me, write a book? Sounds crazy. Especially because I probably don't have more than 20 people who read this blog. But I'm trying anyway. Even if it takes me 10+ years to write it.

Life has been good lately. Landon is just adorable and funny and really turning into quite a fun little boy. I'd like to brag and say it's because Logan and I are the best parents...but that's not true. Yes, we're doing the best we can (and fall short all.the.time.), but God has blessed us. I always check on Landon in his crib before I go to sleep at night, and every single time I look at him laying there so innocently, I'm just overwhelmed at the fact that God is entrusting Logan and me with this little boy to raise. Seriously, it gets me every time. Praise God for the gift of life. It wasn't an easy journey to this point, but it was so, so worth it.

While many things are going well for us at the moment, things aren't perfect (are they ever, really?). But I've just really tried to focus on what we have rather than focusing on what we don't have, because things are just better that way. While we probably won't ever have a lot of money or as many kids as we would like, we still have a cute little house and a cute little toddler and a cute annoying dog that barks at everybody that passes our house. Logan and I also recently had an epiphany (for lack of a better word) when it comes to our marriage, soooo things are better than they've been in a long, long time (I know we've only been married 4 years but still!). If I get brave I'll blog about it buuuut don't count on it.

So that's what's up with our family! Hope it didn't bore you. :)

"So much has been given me, I have no time to ponder over that which has been denied." – Helen Keller

2 comments:

  1. You are awesome.
    Write that book! Who the hell can say that's a crazy dream? We all have our dreams - and high-five to you for getting after it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...