"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Oh, foster care

Y'all. I've probably said this before, but lately I've really been realizing that God has His ways of leading us where we should go. In everything! There are many, many examples I could give from my life, but one of the big ones is when we became foster parents.

It seemed pretty crazy, considering how young we are, and it was definitely scary to think that God was calling us to it. But He really did guide us every step of the way.

I'm in the process of writing out that whole story, but today I wanted to share a blog post I came across yesterday. It's long, but well worth the read. Those of you who followed this blog when we had Peanut will know why it touched me so much. So, go read it!

It was definitely something I needed to read as Logan and I are still open to fostering/adopting in the future. I don't think I ever actually said it on here - while I am ready to foster again, Logan is not, so for now it's still on hold. It may be on hold for a really long time, or even forever, depending on what God calls us to. I was struggling a little bit with that, but I know (and was reminded after reading this blog post), that it needs to be the right time for our entire family.

Have a good weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...