"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Oh, you know. The usual/not so usual fertility talk.

I know I've talked about my reallllllly long cycles. Before my last cycle, I started taking a supplement geared towards women with PCOS. Based on the reviews, it seemed to help women ovulate normally. I ran it by Dr. H when I saw him a few months ago, and he did some research and decided it couldn't hurt.

But because I'm weird, it took me a few months to bring myself to start taking the supplement. It's like I didn't want to force getting pregnant because what if something bad happened? I would feel like it was all my fault for forcing things.

'Tis the mind of a melancholic.

So anyway. I started the supplement at the end of September/beginning of October when I was in the midst of a really long cycle. I ovulated a week later. Since it very well could have been a coincidence, I was curious to see what would happen when I took it starting from the beginning of a cycle.

Two weeks after my period, I was getting fertile signs! Was this for real?! Could I be ovulating like a normal woman?

And then this week I was expecting my period. When we were trying to get pregnant with Landon, I took entirely too many early pregnancy tests, so I decided early on that I would not take a test until Wednesday. But then I realized that I was going to run out of the supplement by the end of Wednesday, and I needed to order more of the supplement on Tuesday if I was not pregnant. Did I mention the supplement costs $40 a month? Yeah, I didn't want to order more unless I really needed it.

So Logan picked up a cheap pregnancy test on Monday that I could take Tuesday morning. I didn't feel pregnant, but I wanted to rule it out before I spent $40 on supplements.

Two lines, baby. Two beautiful lines. Just to clarify....I'm pregnant. :)

We are so excited, and although Logan is kind of freaking out (AKA not letting me do anything) just thinking about our pregnancy with Landon, I'm not freaking out just yet. I'm just thankful!

Of course, we appreciate any prayers for a healthy and safe pregnancy and delivery!

4 comments:

  1. !!!!!!!!!!!!YAYYYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congratulations sweet sweet friend!!!!!!!!! Hooray hooray! Prayers Prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Party in my kitchen as I read this!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hundred exclamation points would not do my excitement justice! We will be praying...and praying...and praying until that little one is safe in your arms!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...