"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Wild weekend...but worth it

I don't know what the heck I was thinking, but somehow I didn't anticipate how much time and effort would be required to host a book study for my friends on Friday night, plan a surprise baby shower/dinner on Saturday night, and host a family reunion all day Sunday - all while having family stay at my house for the weekend. Clearly, I'm an idiot.

Oh, and Logan has been working allll weekend as usual. And I'm in charge of a baby shower next weekend. Like I said....idiot.

Okay, so maybe I'm not so much an idiot as I am an overzealous hostess and party planner. But like I said before, I'm at a good point in my life where I can open my house to people. And I'm realizing how much I love my house, because it reallllly works to host gatherings and parties. Just saying.

After a crazy weekend and a fun-filled day of family, my house is now unusually quiet because it's just Landon, Marley, and me. Crazy times make me appreciate the quiet times. I am melancholic, after all. ;) (Sorry, I couldn't help myself - our book study is about the temperaments!)

Sooo I want to post pictures from the weekend but I'm tired (can you tell from my rambling about nothing?). I have to say, though, even though I don't remember the last time I've been this tired, this weekend was so worth it. I have some pretty amazing people in my life.


"Intense love does not measure…it just gives." – Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...