"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Advent already?

First off, our little family is great, and we had a fun Thanksgiving at my parents' house. Landon is a curious little boy (who would have thought his 1st birthday theme would have been so appropriate??), and he keeps us on our toes. But thankfully I've had plenty help the last few days. Which is good because I'm so. darn. tired.
Pregnancy + having a cold = tired momma

Logan came home a couple days before me because of work, but now we're all home, and he decorated the house while I was gone. Man, am I glad I married him....he sure does know how to make a house look GOOD for the holidays. ;)

So, while things have been rather good for us (except us all being sick last week, but we survived), we have family and friends who are going through some tough times. Really tough times. Last week, I had two close friends lose a parent, so those funerals are this week. Logan's mom is having surgery this week as well, and I just found out about another relative who is hospitalized and not doing too well.

Needless to say, my heart has been heavy and I hate feeling like I don't know what to say or how to help those in my life who really need it. Heck, I've been to 3 funerals in my entire 27 years of existence, and now I have 2 in one week! What are the odds?

And now Advent is here and I feel totally unprepared. I mean, I guess that's normal, since the point of Advent is to redirect our thinking to Jesus and His coming. It's supposed to be a time of preparation. I'm just having a hard time grasping that right now with everything else going on.

Logan has forbid me from doing anything until I go to the doctor on Tuesday, which I guess is a good thing in a way. It gives me at least a full day (tomorrow) to really focus on the season of Advent. One thing is for sure - there are plenty of things to pray for right now!

So in case you need a few extra things on your prayer list, please pray for my two friends and their families, specifically for the souls of the deceased and their grieving spouses. And please pray for my mother-in-law, that her surgery is successful.

Oh, and we can't forget the new life inside me! I'm still having a hard time believing it.


"We want to avoid suffering, death, sin, ashes. But we live in a world crushed and broken and torn, a world God Himself visited to redeem. We receive his poured-out life, and being allowed the high privilege of suffering with Him, may then pour ourselves out for others." -Elisabeth Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...