"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Monday, December 9, 2013

Morning sickness, I could do without you


I had every intention of posting 7 Quick Takes this weekend buuuuut that didn't happen. So here are just a couple of random things going on in my brain...

I wrote down this quote years ago:
"If you suffer, thank God! It is a sure sign that you are alive." -Elbert Hubbard
And if I had to rewrite it just a little bit for my current state I would change it to this:
"If you throw up, thank God! It is a sure sign that you are pregnant." -Jen 
On a more serious note, though, the whole morning sickness is really the worst. I hate throwing up, I hate not feeling like eating anything, and I hate the fact that I can't eat what my baby needs right now.

But, I know this won't last (assuming it goes like my last 2 pregnancies), so sorry if I complain for the next 2-3 months. I'll try not to, because hello! I have a baby inside me! :)



One of my favorite blogs is House Unseen. A Catholic momma, Dwija, with 5 living children who is pretty darn entertaining. Seriously, she's one of those people I would love to meet in person. Well, this summer she lost a baby boy at 21 weeks along in her pregnancy. They found out at 15 weeks that there was no fluid around the baby, but he survived for several more weeks. I can't imagine how she felt during that time, not knowing how much longer her baby would be with her.

Dwija wrote this post last week about discerning pregnancy after losing a baby (she's pregnant again!). And I just loved it. You should read it. I remember not being sure if I wanted to get pregnant again after Levi, because the thought of experiencing that pain again was unbearable.

It still is scary to think we could experience another loss, and I wish I could explain why I don't worry about it as much as I did, but I can't. Because I don't know why. Guess God is helping me out in that department.

4 comments:

  1. Elbert Hubbard ain't got nothin on the quotable Jen Lirette! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the quote!! Yeah that whole nausea thing does not make pregnancy appealing by any means...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Dweej and her writings. So inspirational! and real. So real. :D
    I hope hope hope hope you feel better soon! My morning sickness is the constant "I'm about to puke - find a toilet!" but nothing ever comes up. i guess I should be more grateful...alas...morning sickness just sucks. Love and prayers!!!! I'm in the second trimester and loving the break between disgusto nausea and beached whale. Ya know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Between disgusto nausea and beached whale"....hahaha. Love it. So true, it's the best part of pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...