"When a soul recognises the will of God and shows a readiness to submit to it entirely, then God gives Himself to such a soul and renders it most powerful succour under all circumstances." - Rev. Jean-Pierre de Caussade

Thursday, January 2, 2014

I won't be traveling the world, that's for sure

Soooo it's 2014. Wowza. Overall, 2013 was a pretty good year. We had family and friends go through some pretty rough times, but when it comes to Logan, Landon, and myself....things were good. I'm actually almost done with a post of pictures from the entire year (just have to finish December)! It'll probably be posted this weekend.

On most of the blogs I follow, people have been writing about their goals for the new year and all of the new things they want to accomplish. And all of that makes me want to throw up because let's be honest - I won't be doing much this year except hopefully continuing to grow a baby. And then having a baby. And then hopefully not having too hard of a transition from 1 kid to 2 kids.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining! I'm just having a hard time accepting the fact that my list of goals this year is pretty short and non-specific. Like, I won't be traveling or starting a garden or keeping my house spotless. But I suppose that gives me the opportunity to work on the basics. :)

  • Pray without ceasing.
  • Keep Logan happy.
  • Be a fun mom to Landon (as much as possible, that is...maybe not many trips to the park but I can color and build blocks with him!).
  • Meet this new baby in July! 
  • Eat well. (I plan to make it my job once this morning sickness passes!)
  • Read every day.
  • Write more.
  • Crochet some stuff.

So yeah. I've been doing a whole lot of nothing lately, at first due to the morning sickness and now due to the fact that I am SO NERVOUS my cervix is already starting to give way. I'm 10 weeks now (at least), and it was at 11 weeks last time that I was on bed rest. I'm not cramping and I'm not bleeding, but sometimes I really, really think I feel my cervix. I can't really explain it but yeah. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Logan doesn't want me doing much, and he's been crazy busy with work lately (yep, making some overtime), so our house is constantly in a state of chaos. 'Tis life with a toddler.

I see Dr. C in one week, so I'll be taking it super easy until then - just to be on the safe side. Prayers are greatly appreciated!

"In everything, whether it is a thing sensed or a thing known, God himself is hidden within." -St. Bonaventure

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...